Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sun Dried Apples

I know some of my readers are aware of my father and his famous sun dried apples. In fact, some of you have purchased from him in the past and come back to tell me how wonderful they were and purchased more. But for all of you who do not know, my father takes the time each year to pick all of these apples, hand peel them and slice them. Then he dries them in the sun. He DOES NOT use a dehydrator. They are done the old fashioned way. You wouldn't believe how delicious pies and cakes are made from these apples. Well some of you know. But for those who don't then I am letting you in on a little secret. He has a few gallon left. This year he had more apples than ever before, and I was amazed the other day to hear he hasn't sold out yet. Most of the time he don't have any left after 2 or 3 weeks of selling them. So I decided to do him a favor and let everyone know about the apples who reads my blog. If you are interested then you can either give him a call, since he puts his number in different classifieds for advertisement then he doesn't mind me posting it here. Or you can email me from my site here. I would recommend calling or emailing before ordering them to make sure they are not all gone. If you prefer to call him and order then his contact information is:


Kenneth Ledbetter
1316 County Road 32
Fackler, AL 35776
Phone: 256-574-5619


I wish I would have thought to take pictures of his entire process this year, but didn't think of it until I decided to post here. I have included a picture of the golden brown and clean apples like you would receive in a gallon bag. They are $15 a gallon and $6 for shipping & handling. Don't wait too long or they'll be gone!


No comments:

 
Gorgeous Beaches of Goa