Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pumpkin Walnut Fudge

Since it's fall and Halloween is right around the corner, I thought I would list this Pumpkin Recipe. Hope you enjoy!

1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup whipping cream
3 cups sugar
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup pumpkin
dash of salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 stick butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Combine milk, sugar, corn syrup, pumpkin, and salt in tall pan (mixture may boil over). Cook over medium high heat until boiling, stirring constantly. When mixture comes to a full boil, reduce heat and simmer until mixture comes to softball stage (about 232 degrees on a candy thermometer - takes approximately 40 minutes). Remove from heat and stire in cinnamon, allspice, butter and vanilla. Cool, then beat until thick and less glossy. Stir in walnuts and pour into a buttered plate.

9 comments:

Marrid66 said...

Man does that sound good! I am going to try it.

marrid66

4 Cats Make Me Crazy!

Here On Columbia Avenue

Da Boss And Bryguy

Lolly said...

Man-that sounds so yummy!!
Thrifty Thoughts,
Mommy Mia's World, &
Mia's Motivation

Carrie said...

I've never heard of pumpkin fudge. Might have to try it.
Carrie
Anything I Think About
Surgical Nurse Musings
Time Keeps on Flying

Unknown said...

This does look amazing! I'm trying to watch my diet though, and might play around with lowering the sugar content, I'll let you know how it goes!

Lyla said...

This sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Lyla
http://www.chattychica.com
http://www.five-oclock-somewhere.com

Mindy said...

Yum! This sounds great. Going to HAVE to try it this weekend.
Thanks

Mrs Koz said...

Holy smokes I have to try this! I love pumpkin ANYTHING and I love LOVE fudge. Who doesn't? Well, except my wacky mother in law who only eats & bakes strawberry shortcake for every holiday, period. More for us! Thanks for the recipe!

razz said...

oh my this sounds heavenly!! Do you mind if I add this recipe to one of my pumpkin ones, I am sooo trying this one, you rock kim!

Kim said...

Of course you can add it Razz!
Kim

 
Gorgeous Beaches of Goa