Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Monkey Bread

While visiting some other sites I came across a Monkey Bread Recipe on Columbus Foodie. They have it posted as a "Kid's Cooking Thursday" recipe. I can honestly say I don't think I have ever tried to make this. It looks delicious for adults, let alone children.

They have the recipe adapted slightly from Recipezaar and it sounds wonderful. If you make it before me or have ever made it before. Let me know how it is.

Monkey Bread

4 (7.5 oz) packages refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

1/2 c. granulated sugar

1 tbsp. cinnamon

1 c. salted butter

1 c. brown sugar

2 tsp. water

1/2 c. walnuts

Preheat oven to 350.
Place nuts onto bottom of greased Bundt pan.
Quarter biscuits, roll in cinnamon and granulated sugar that has been mixed together.
Place loosely in pan.
Melt butter, brown sugar and water, boil for 2 minutes (until it has a nice caramel consistency) and pour over biscuits.
Bake for 25 minutes, and unmold 1-2 minutes after removing from oven.
To serve, do not cut with a knife - pull apart small pieces with fingers.

Don't forget to check out Columbus Foodie for other great recipes!

8 comments:

Lolly said...

That sounds so good!! I may have to try it!! But then, I am supposed to be watching what I eat! Oh well-I guess I can just watch it go straight to my mouth!! LOL!!
Thrifty Thoughts,
Mommy Mia's World,
Mia's Motivation &
Mia's Menu Mania

Kateedyd said...

Wow I was just thinking of monkey bread yesterday. Talk about similar minds. LOL

Kateedyd What?!

Mommie’s Marbles

Confetti by:Kateedyd

Marrid66 said...

I love monkey bread, but it is tough on my waistline! lol

Karen aka marrid66

4 Cats Make Me Crazy!

Da Boss And Bryguy

Here On Columbia Avenue

Unknown said...

This ia one of my girls favorite recipes. It is a great way to start off a lazy Saturday morning.

Unknown said...

This ia one of my girls favorite recipes. It is a great way to start off a lazy Saturday morning.

Shari Thomas said...

Yeppers, my roomies (all from Put-In-Bay, Ohio) and I had Monkey Bread for breakfast last Saturday morning.

Would you believe we were up and eating before sunrise? And this was on a day when we were "hunkering down" on account of bad weather.

The Monkey Bread got us our of bed!

Anonymous said...

I know I don't comment often but I do drop in...and I have an award for you over at my place

www.thepost-itplace.com

Swing by and pick it up when you have time.

Unknown said...

This looks REALLY good! Tag! You're it! Come to my blog : )
www.jollymom.blogspot.com

 
Gorgeous Beaches of Goa