Thursday, October 2, 2008

Coleslaw Recipe

While this is probably not the "real" KFC Coleslaw recipe, it has been given to me as the closest thing to it.

Ingredients:

1 head (about 8 cups) finely diced cabbage
1/4 cup finely shredded carrots
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons minced onions
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar

Preparation:

1. Finely dice the cabbage and carrots (preferably using a food processor).
2. Place the shredded cabbage and carrot in a large bowl and stir in the minced onions.
3. Using the regular blade of your food processor, process the remaining ingredients until smooth.
4. Pour the sauce over the vegetable mixture and mix well.
5. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.

Servings: 10

Let me know what you think...I haven't even tried it myself yet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

first time i've heard of coleslaw with milk. i love milk so i'll give it a try. thanks for sharing the recipe.

cheers

Unknown said...

I just made coleslaw today, but I used a new recipe. I should have used yours instead...the one I used was nothing to write home about! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will make sure to stop by yours often...I have gotten into a cooking kick so your blog will be very helpful in coming up with new ideas!

 
Gorgeous Beaches of Goa