Saturday, September 13, 2008

Brunswick Stew Recipe Anyone?

I know your going to think this is the craziest thing ever, but I have never tried Brunswick Stew until this past Saturday night. I live in Northeast Alabama and I honestly don't think many people eat it around here. We went to a restaurant called Smokey Bones and ordered it as an appetizer. It was actually very good, so I am searching for a good recipe. I want one which consist of pork and BBQ Sauce. I could tell they had those ingredients in their stew. If anyone out there has a recipe they like I would appreciate you sharing!

4 comments:

deb said...

I never had Brunswick Stew before, until I went to Smokey Bones. I can say I really did enjoy it and would order it again.

Anonymous said...

i never know where is Brunwick Stew because i live in outside your country.

Wanda said...

I grew up having Brunswick Stew all of my life. I have the recipe my Mom has made all of my life. I will post it for you on 1 Blog and 2 Sides in the next day or two. It doesn't have barbeque sauce in it though.

Shari Thomas said...

I've eaten and made Brunswick Stew a number of times, and it generally consists of chicken and rabbit. The most traditional also had squirrel, but you won't generally find that in a restaurant.

I don't recall ever using barbeque sauce in any of my recipes either. Perhaps they used some smoked pork neck bones, which would be perfectly acceptable.

 
Gorgeous Beaches of Goa